Rather than ramble on more, I’ll share my recipe for my readers.
Shell’s Chicken Pot Pie
3-6 chicken breasts (less if they are thick, more if they are thin)
1 can Cream of Chicken (10 3/4 oz)
1 can Cream of Broccoli (10 3/4 oz)
1 large idaho potato, cut into small chunks
1 cup baby carrots, diced
1 cup frozen corn (thawed)
1 1/2 cup frozen broccoli/cauliflower mix (thawed and diced up)
Chopped onion (amount depends on your preference)
Chopped green pepper (amount depends on your preference)
2 tsp diced garlic
1 tsp poultry seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 pkg Pillsbury Pie Crust (2 crusts)
1. Add chicken, chopped onion, green peppers, and carrots to a sauce pan. Add enough water to cover everything. Next add 1 tsp of diced garlic and 1 tsp poultry seasoning. Cook for 10-15 minutes (until chicken is cooked). If you like, add salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a small sauce pan, add the chopped potato, water, and allow to cook until almost soft but not falling apart. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. In a large bowl, combine the diced broccoli, cauliflower, corn, potatoes, 1 tsp diced garlic.
5. Drain the chicken and cooked veggies. Dice the chicken into bite sized pieces. Add the chicken and cooked veggies to the bowl of other veggies.
6. Mix everything together and add in the cans of Cream of Chicken and Cream of Broccoli. Make sure everything is mixed together well.
7. In a deep dish pie pan, roll out one of the Pillsbury pie crusts. Fill the crust with the chicken mixture. Roll out the 2nd pie crust and place on top of the pot pie. Seal the edges of the crusts together then cut steam vents in the top.
8. Bake for 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees.