Tonight was our February meeting for the Eye For Fiber craft group. We met in the art room of a local school (one of our members is an art teacher) and B gave us a lesson on working with clay.
I didn’t get a whole lot done, mostly because what I pictured in my head and what my hands created…didn’t match! But I’m pretty happy with what I did end up with.
The pieces still need to air dry and then spend some time in a very hot vacation zone, aka the kiln. B is going to take care of that during the next few weeks then when we meet again next month, we get to work on making them prettier, and I think play with more clay.
Now if I could only get the clay to match the pictures in my head! Time to wrap my head around a few things so I’ll be ready for next month.
Hopefully I did my snake button correctly, I’m pretty sure I followed directions correctly on it. We will find out after the kiln if the snake falls off.