If you’ve been a long time reader of this blog, then you may remember last summer when my hubby and I started working on the front of our house.
This is what it looked like before we started all the work:
Last summer we removed the front porch, removed all the evergreen bushes and a few other plants:
Then we called in a company to do a stamped concrete walkway and front porch:
This summer so far has been spent removing a flowerbed from the front yard and adding a flowerbed to the front of the house. Plants were transplanted from various other flowerbeds into the front one. The only plant we’ve spent money on was getting a second Japanese maple from the front.
Today my hubby and I added weed blocker and cedar mulch to the front:
We still have some work to do but I’d say we’ve made some huge strides toward making this house a little more modern looking (bye bye aluminum awnings and porch) and welcoming: