Another baby is on the way in my family. (it’s not me). So I decided to make another baby gift while learning/practicing more embroidery.
Using an alphabet pattern from my newest book:
After a couple hours worth of time looking through, tracing, trying a different one, etc, I finally settled on the ones from pages 96-98 which came from a 1925 publication.
One of the small changes I did was to use different flowers for each letter (taken from other alphabets in the book) rather than have each letter use the same flower.
DMC 826 (blue) for the letter.
DMC 954 (green) for the flower stems.
DMC 444 (yellow) for the flower.
A few more letters to finish, then I can do the rest of the gift.