Finished! Silver-Blue Rose

I didn’t keep track of my time on this one,  but I know it was faster than the amaryllis.

Starting with a simple drawing :

image

Then adding a range of colors:

image

Plus some wash-a-way stabilizer:

image

And a few minutes ago I finished up my silver-blue rose.
The stabilizer made it a little difficult to see how it would look in the end because it hid the black background.

image

But once I washed it away,  dried it,  ironed it onto some peltex,  it now looks like this:

image

Doesn’t that just POP? I am so excited!

What would I do different? I would wash away the stabilizer as soon as the outline was done. Since needle painting makes the stitches so dense,  it didn’t wash away from under the design and it made the rose feel a little tacky to the touch.   It’s going to hang in my house though once I get a frame for it, so I’m not worried about how it feels.  Just how it looks. 🙂 And it makes me happy!

Update: I would not use this wash-a-way stuff again for needle painting, even though it says it’s great to use for it. The stuff that was under the stitching could not wash away properly, the rose became tacky, and then once it dried, the threads were ‘glued’ together. If I do use it again, I’ll use it just to get the outline done on dark backgrounds, then wash it away, dry it, then do the needling painting.   I’ll try to get the name of the stuff today. I don’t have a package of it, I was just given a sheet of it from Gwyn (Sew Crazy, LLC) to try out to see if I liked it or not.

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Finished! Silver-Blue Rose

Comments are closed.