The iris I mentioned in my last post is finished! And I’m extremely happy with it. It now hangs on the wall in our main bathroom.
After it was finished I was still in the mood to stitch, so I turned my attention to another flower that had been on my mind. A rainbow rose.
I traced it onto sulky then stitched it on a black background.
I did make some changes to the colors to go with what I had, but the rainbow rose worked up quickly.
My next project was going to be needlepainting a small waterfall landscape. After studying some drawings I drew up a design, transferred, and outlined. And after a little bit of stitching realized it’s not the right project to hold my attention right now.
What to do. What to do.
Out came the hexies to play.
150 basted. 10 stitched into twos. 71 to still baste. Then I’ll need to drag out some more fabric to cut up.