I’m not sure what to call it besides a surprisingly good and simple salad. I took two large chicken breasts (from Sam’s Club, so they are huge) and threw them in a large pot of water with:
- 2 garlic cloves (I used “Pop n Cook” frozen garlic)
- Approx. 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- Approx. 1 tsp black pepper
- Approx. 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp roasted chicken “Better Than Bullion”.
(I’m bad about actually measuring things out. I just eyeball it)
I brought it all to a boil then reduced heat and let the chicken simmer for several hours. It went longer than I had planned because I got busy doing other things (cutting fabric and batting), but it turned out really tender and flavorful.
Then I shredded up the chicken and tossed it in a bowl with shredded lettuce and shredded cheese. I decided to add in chopped up cucumber because I love cucumber. I would have added more stuff but I need to go grocery shopping.
I also made my own dressing, which I think is what ended up making this tastes so good. I put some olive oil in a bowl and added Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and lemon juice. Whisked it together. And then I mixed it up with my little salad. I did not really measure anything, as stated above I’m bad about that, I just tossed it in the bowl and mixed. I didn’t use all the dressing you see in the picture, that would be too much!
If I had to make a guess though I would say:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Add the italian seasonings and garlic powder to your personal taste. Start light and taste as you go, adding more until you get the flavor you like.
You can add also add more or less lemon juice depending on how much you like the flavor. Mine was heavier on the lemon flavor.