Archives

Yellow and Turquoise 2-color Block

Fiber Art Junkies monthly meeting was last night, so I can now post my latest block in our 2-color challenge.  Last month’s meeting we drew the colors yellow and turquoise/teal from the bag.  I was a little leery of this combination, but I made it work.  

After some thought I decided to make the block from yellow fabrics. It appears that my photo of the bare block has disappeared though. hm…

Since the block was all yellow fabrics, that means my stitching is all in the turquoise/teal. 

This is a color combo I don’t think I would have ever put together on my own, but I’m pretty happy with how my block turned out. 

Our next colors are: 

This one should be good! 

Advertisements

October’s 2-Color Challenge Block

Our FiberArt Junkies meeting was last night,  so I can now share my October 2-Color Challenge Block.  Our colors were gray and fuchsia.  Fuchsia is a hard color to pinpoint.  It’s pink  and purple mixed together.  And what’s fuchsia to one company is dark rose to another company. Since I was primarily using DMC floss I went with what I found online listed as their fuchsia colors.  

I did all the fabric in grays and all the stitching and beads in fuchsia.  

The hat is my favorite part of this block.  

Unfortunately,  the color on these beads rubs off very easily so most of them have turned silver.  

This is another of my favorite sections, with the little “roses” and beads and Swirls.  

I also redid my red and white block as I decided on a theme for my blocks.  

I did the fabric in white on white fabrics then all the stitching in DMC red floss and beads. 

The little dragonfly was stitched by following the printed dragonfly on the fabric. 

My favorite section here is the beaded wavy line and the bit just above it with the swirl, leaves,  and circles.  
November’s colors are turquoise/teal and yellow.  This combination could be interesting…or a disaster.  

Red and White and Odds and Ends

My red and white block is almost finished.  Our meeting was last week for the Fiber Art Junkies and we each showed off our progress.  Mine would have been done,  I think anyway, but I was pretty sick for over a week and lost a lot of stitching time.

Here are some of the pictures of my block in progress. Again, the challenge was to use only the two colors that were drawn from the bag,  red and white.  We could use any shade of red as long as it still read as red.  (No pink,  orange,  etc).

It is closer to done now. The colors for next month are gray and fuchsia.  I’m going to do another crazy square block,  but I’m still looking through my stash to see what I have in fuchsia that would work.

I’ve been playing around with recipes again,  and tonight I made pasta with a really good sauce.  Olive oil, garlic,  spinach, tomatoes,  seasoning. Very happy with how it turned out.

And, because she posed so nicely for me,  a picture of our formal feral,  Ginger.  She’s snuggled in as close as she can get to me right now.