The iris I mentioned in my last post is finished! And I’m extremely happy with it. It now hangs on the wall in our main bathroom.
After it was finished I was still in the mood to stitch, so I turned my attention to another flower that had been on my mind. A rainbow rose.
I traced it onto sulky then stitched it on a black background.
I did make some changes to the colors to go with what I had, but the rainbow rose worked up quickly.
My next project was going to be needlepainting a small waterfall landscape. After studying some drawings I drew up a design, transferred, and outlined. And after a little bit of stitching realized it’s not the right project to hold my attention right now.
What to do. What to do.
Out came the hexies to play.
150 basted. 10 stitched into twos. 71 to still baste. Then I’ll need to drag out some more fabric to cut up.
Well, it appears that the hexie bug has hit my house. No known cure. The symptoms can vary but may include looking at fabric in different ways, cutting out hexagon shaped pieces of paper, cutting out circles or hexagon pieces of fabric, mixing and matching the sewn pieces, and more.
My mom has been making hexies. Lots and lots of them (over 2,500 just for ONE project). I enjoyed arranging them, but resisted the bug.
The hexie bug did infect some of our friends. They started making their own hexie.
Then it happened. My immune system must have been compromised. The hexie bug hit. I grabbed fabric. I borrowed a hexie paper punch. I punched and cut and sewed.
My pile grew and grew.
Then! A project idea hit my brain!
I’ve been working on it here and there when I’ve had small breaks between clients.
I’m attaching the final round then I need to make a backing piece that fits this size, Sew them to batting, add darts, and it’ll turn into a hexie soup bowl cozie!